Growth Engineer for Backlog
Location: New York, U.S.
Type: Full Time
* Support visas but only for the developers who are already working in U.S. legally.
* Must have at least 3 years of professional experience.
We are looking for a Growth Engineer that will mainly be focused on the design and implementation of system-wide A/B testing to optimize sign-up, on-boarding, usability and payment flows. You will work closely with Director of Marketing and Tech lead to achieve the growth goal. You will also be responsible for integrating the front-end elements built by other team members into the application. A deep understanding of front-end technologies is necessary as well.
- Proficient in analytical softwares such as Mixpanel and Google Analytics.
- Design and Implementation of the frontend and the backend applications to fully utilize data analytical softwares.
- Integration of user-facing elements developed by a front-end developers with server side logic.
- Optimization of the application for high speed and scalability.
- Design and Implementation of security and data protection.
- Design and Implementation of data storage solutions and multithreaded Web Application (Java) utilizing web application frameworks.
- Develops applications using dependency injection and configuration driven behaviors.
- Conduct Unit tests, code review, refactoring current source code, assessment and improvement of performance.
Skills and Qualifications
- Understanding accessibility and security compliance.
- Strong knowledge on API connection security such as Token-based and Oauth2 authentication.
- Integration of multiple data sources and databases into one system.
- Data migration, transformation, scripting, setup and administration of backups.
- Creating database schemas that represent and support business processes.
- Implementing automated testing platforms and unit tests (JUnit, Jenkins).
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git.
- Build tool: Maven, Gradle.
- Web Services development experience, knowledge of Linux/UNIX, SQL.
- Experience working in an agile development environment.