Java Developer for Cacoo
Location: New York, NY
Type: Full Time
* Support visas but only for the developers who are already in U.S. legally.
* Must have at least 3 years professional experience.
We are looking for a Back-End Java Developer (Java) responsible for managing the interchange of data between the server and the users. Your primary focus will be development of all server-side logic, definition and maintenance of the central database, and ensuring high performance and responsiveness to requests from the front-end. You will also be responsible for integrating the front-end elements built by your coworkers into the application. A deep understanding of front-end technologies is therefore necessary as well.
- Integration of user-facing elements developed by a front-end developers with server side logic
- Optimization of the application for maximum speed and scalability
- Design and Implementation of security and data protection
- Design and implementation of data storage solutions and multithreaded Web Application (Java) utilizing web application frameworks
- Develops applications using dependency injection and configuration driven behaviors
- Conduct Unit tests, code review, refactoring current source code, assessment and improvement of performance.
- Settings and improvement on CI (ex.Jenkins)
Skills and Qualifications
- Understanding accessibility and security compliance
- Strong knowledge on API connection security such as Token-based and Oauth2 authentication.
- Integration of multiple data sources and databases into one system
- Management of hosting environment, including database administration and scaling an application to support load changes
- Data migration, transformation, scripting, setup and administration of backups
- Creating database schemas that represent and support business processes
- Implementing automated testing platforms and unit tests (JUnit, Jenkins)
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
- Understanding of “session management” in a distributed server environment
- Build tool: Maven, Gradle
- Web Services development experience, knowledge of Linux/UNIX, SQL.
- Experience working in an agile development environment
- Golang is a big plus