Software Engineer – Backlog ( in Japan )
Location: Fukuoka, Japan
Type: Full Time
At Nulab, Inc., we are proud of ourselves for handcrafting tools that bring creativity and fun back to collaborating with others. We are seeking an experienced Software Engineer to help our Backlog product team build the next generation of tools for further collaboration.
Our Backlog app is an online project management tool that lets users promote communication and bring in “fun” to work with its features; to-do management, wiki, file sharing, version control, and charts.
As a Senior Software Engineer in the Backlog team, you will face interesting and challenging tasks to take our software to the next level of scale and sustainability.
What you will do:
- Design, implement, and comprehensively test new features in a small, agile team environment.
- Assist the operations team with troubleshooting operational issues.
- Share your passion for technology, lead yourself and others, and constantly seek to improve yourself, the product, and the codebase.
- Java engineering expert with 3+ years of experience building full-stack web applications
- Strong communication skills (ability to make the complex into something simple and understandable)
- Ability to work effectively, both in person and with a remote, distributed team.
- You must be able to speak English
- Native speaker of Korean, Chinese, Vietnamese, or Taiwanese
- Knowledge of Linux/Unix
- Experience in building a server infrastructure
- Willing to contribute actively to the open source community
- Ability to present in a technological conference.